POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OpenGL patch binary available : Re: OpenGL patch binary available Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OpenGL patch binary available
From: Ray Gardener
Date: 9 Jun 2003 19:40:01
Message: <3ee51ad1$1@news.povray.org>
> I've had a quick look at it, and it seems that
> in most cases, the camera is parsed wrong
> for the OpenGL preview. Just try some basic
> scenes supplied with POV-Ray, like "Woodbox.pov"
> and you'll see it yourself.

Yes, the camera is not supported fully yet.
Basically, only a cam with its up, direction, right
and angle components will work, and even then
there is a slight misregister -- at 800 x 600,
the OpenGL and POV cams are several pixels off.

I will keep working on it, unless someone
beats me to it.

> Otherwise its pretty nice, though the objects being
> supported are a little few, and it seems that macros
> pose a problem in some cases. Didn't work properly
> for my "Architecture Model" image, which you can
> download on my homepage listed below. It doesn't
> set the camera correct for the preview, as well as displaying
> the pyramids wrong.

I don't know if that's a macro issue; it looks
like all the objects are being drawn. The pyramids
of course come out as boxes, because everything
but spheres emit bboxes currently. The cam has
a FOV discrpency certainly. If you add an "angle 70"
statement, it will register the wireframe much closer.

Ray