POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Architecture...Spatial Crunch : Re: Architecture...Spatial Crunch Server Time
3 May 2024 23:02:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Architecture...Spatial Crunch
From: gonzo
Date: 7 Jun 2003 01:41:58
Message: <3ee17b26@news.povray.org>
Tek <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
> I have to say I really like this picture. The materials on the buildings
are
> fantastic, and the glass aroung them feels right. I also love the
perspective of
> the shot, it adds a good sense of depth. Yes it's an old idea, and this is
not
> the best version of it that I've seen, but it is a very unusual take on
the
> topic of "architecture". Again, choice of subject is what I liked about
this
> image rather than the interpretation of that subject.

Agreed.  It was one of the handful that got away from "here's a building"
mold.

> Though I'm a little surprised it came so high in the final judging.

Also agreed. But then, there were a lot of images in this round that
surprised me, both high and low.  Tough round to score, and a lot of
different takes on scoring.

But that's what makes it interesting!

RG

Heh heh, and your image still has me doing a double-take every time I'm on
the viewing page.  The thumbnail just looks like it has writing on it.  Can
you re-do it so the stairs spell out Pov-Ray?