POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Q about moving multiple objects along spline : Re: Q about moving multiple objects along spline Server Time
5 Jul 2024 11:30:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q about moving multiple objects along spline
From: Hughes, B
Date: 6 Jun 2003 12:10:34
Message: <3ee0bcfa@news.povray.org>
"Steve Shelby" <ssh### [at] rexnetnet> wrote in message
> "spline.mcr" seemed to be the easiest to understand and use. I did not see
> any reference in the tutorial or elsewhere to moving multiple objects
(such
> as a train on curvy tracks or heavy traffic on a winding road) along the
> spline. I would guess that it would involve adding some kind of clock

Hi Steve.

Well, actually the spline itself can accept 'clock' as the variable (if
animating, as other such animations are done) so you would just apply your
spline to each object for the motion to occur. For a train or traffic you
would need them to use offsets within one originating spline or make several
individual splines having the same path yet different starting/ending 't'
values. Probably some complex way of doing it too but that's the simple
explanation.

Take a look at splinefollow.pov, in the scenes\animations subfolder, since
it shows a good example of what you are wanting to do.

Bob H.