POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blurred Reflections (just a suggestion) : Re: Blurred Reflections (just a suggestion) Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blurred Reflections (just a suggestion)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 6 Jun 2003 12:10:10
Message: <3ee0bce2$1@news.povray.org>
Well, I've known about how to do it, and the
QandT doesn't answer why it isn't in POV-Ray 3.5,
so that question is still unanswered.

As for the functionality: The described technique
doesn't really guarantee that the new samples
will be spread in a hemisphere, which is what
I'm after. In older pics and tests, I've noticed that
some regions have nice blurring, while others
are pretty much only blurred along a certain
direction.

The first link you gave works for Outlook to get
that exact post, but I've got to figure how to
access the entire thread. The second link doesn't
work, as the web-view is disabled for now.

But thanks for the links anyway, they might shed some
light for beginners, but to be honest, I haven't learned
anything new from them yet (got to figure Outlook
first... :-)

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde