POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Large field of grass : Re: Large field of grass Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:15:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Large field of grass
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 6 Jun 2003 06:00:23
Message: <3ee06637$1@news.povray.org>

3ee05f65$1@news.povray.org...
> I'm trying to cover some hills with grass (in POV, our garden is not that
> big...). As Gille Tran's MakeGrass only does plane grass patches i'm
> searching for an other way to do this.

The MakePrairie macro does only plane areas, but you can use trace() and the
Reorient macros to drop grass patches on a hill and orient them along the
terrain normals. If the terrain isn't too bumpy and if the patches are small
enough you can get away with it.
http://www.oyonale.com/ldc/images/lumieres_detail1.jpg
You'll still need a lot of patches though so the texture method a la Rune is
possibly the only way for large surfaces.

G.
--

http://www.oyonale.com