POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Aligning objects : Re: Aligning objects Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:35:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aligning objects
From: Stephen in Calgary
Date: 5 Jun 2003 13:33:00
Message: <3edf7ecc$1@news.povray.org>
Hi, I'm still working on some of the tools and information written already,
but I thought I would share with you the source of my interest in
specifically rhombic dodecahedrons. I appreciate the input so far.

In this particular context I am a software engineer + amature woodworker, so
I have built some of these puzzles and as an exercise in learing POVRay by
trying to model the same structures as if they were built by 3D "boards"
rather than the rendering infinitely thin plane or solid object
constructions for simply the purpose of a graphic image.

The basic problems I'm having and trying to learn solutions to are related
rotating objects in more than one plane and determining the exact
coordinates of a face of an object so I can align another object right
there.

Check this site if you have an interest in puzzles, particularly wooden
constructions:
http://johnrausch.com/PuzzleWorld/puz/pennyhedron.htm