POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scanline rendering in POV-Ray : Re: Perhaps a "process_geometry" keyword Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Perhaps a "process_geometry" keyword
From: Ray Gardener
Date: 5 Jun 2003 10:50:48
Message: <3edf58c8@news.povray.org>
> Adding one keyword does not change functionality. That's internall support
of
> keyword which makes feature useful ;-)

Well, duh. Obviously there has to be code implementing
what the keyword does. I wouldn't be digging into
the POV source otherwise.

> > which would
> > have an option of emitting the geometry
> > to the scene's object tree (for raytracing
> > along with the other objects)
>
> If permanently, why this can't be done by script?

Because the SDL is not always the preferred language.
A person might have legacy code in another language,
or prefer to use C++ because it's object oriented,
or compiled code runs faster when object generation
involves some complex process, etc. All else being
equal, I'd rather write in C/C++ just because... I'm
tired of having to type "#declare" every time I
want to assign a value to a variable in SDL.

Ray