POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Architecture...Non Nobis sed Tibi Domine : Re: Architecture...Non Nobis sed Tibi Domine Server Time
1 May 2024 22:41:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Architecture...Non Nobis sed Tibi Domine
From: Shay
Date: 4 Jun 2003 11:17:13
Message: <3ede0d79$1@news.povray.org>
"ziotom" <zio### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

| Hmmm, I haven't noticed the importance of the horizontal elements.
| I'll look at this.  What do you mean with "dramatic shading"?

I mean placing the light source in such a way that the rear parts of the
image contrast strongly enough with the front parts that the effect
becomes something like vertical stripes, thereby minimising any
horizontal continuity.

I knew I'd find an example if I went through Gilles site:
http://www.oyonale.com/ldc/english/selva.htm

I'll add that I prefer the long description. I have said here before
that the large number of entries doesn't allow enough time to study each
one closely. A long description can help someone comprehend something
about your image which they would have seen in the image itself if only
given enough time. This is similar to how some aspects of an image
aren't noticed until the thumbnail is scene.

 -Shay