POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Architecture...Non Nobis sed Tibi Domine : Re: Architecture...Non Nobis sed Tibi Domine Server Time
1 May 2024 21:45:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Architecture...Non Nobis sed Tibi Domine
From: Shay
Date: 3 Jun 2003 12:25:35
Message: <3edccbff@news.povray.org>
"ziotom" <zio### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

| Now I understand that reducing my interpretation of the theme
| to a single phrase has made somebody think there was no concept
| at all behind it, although this was *not* the case!

Nah, I think that the concept was understood. It seems that every image
gets a few odd comments, especially non-traditional images.
xilo_m(at)hotpop(dot)com obviously has a *very* specific idea about what
constitutes a good picture. He left similar comments for many of the
images this round. Some will always appreciate what you are trying to
do, and some will not.

This was one of my two favorite images of this round, but I really don't
see it as exceptionally vertical. I do really appreciate the fact that
you removed many unnecessary elements from the picture. Irrelevant
things like weather, landscape, surrounding architecture, season, and
even time of day would have taken away from the important parts of the
image. I think that ascension isn't obvious in this picture because the
horizontal elements continue into infinity as do the vertical,
especially on the left side of the picture. Dramatic shading of the more
distant parts of the image would also highlight your vertical lines.

 -Shay