POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Architecture...Old Meets New : Re: Architecture...Old Meets New Server Time
30 Apr 2024 11:58:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Architecture...Old Meets New
From: Shay
Date: 2 Jun 2003 16:40:24
Message: <3edbb638$1@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message

| There's one more point I'd like to make: you say "the trivially
| easy task of modelling a simple piece of architecture", but
| personally I'd consider such a detailed reproduction to be a
| significant acheivement. For example consider Gilles Tran's
| winning entry to the fortress round, another reproduction of real
| architecture but I see nothing trivial in it.

There are some complex texture achievements in Gilles' Fortress entry,
but either of us could model the geometry in an evening. I'd go so far
as to say that we could do a much better job in two months, given that
we would be freed of the artistic processes of composition and theme.

My mother uses AutoCAD to design homes for a living, and I suspect there
is a reason that those who use AutoCAD to copy the designs of others
make only a small percentage of those who actually design the homes.

 -Shay