POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : possible difference bug : Re: possible difference bug Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:14:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: possible difference bug
From: Mario
Date: 2 Jun 2003 12:18:44
Message: <3edb78e4$1@news.povray.org>
> It looks like you have not enough imagination to draw this scene in your
mind
> and therefore you do not understand result. It works as you designed it.
Take a
> piece of paper and try draw by hand edges of those boxes you have in scene
or
> download some modeller like for example Moray and duplicate your scene to
see
> how those boxes are located. I can't help you because I'm not sure what
you
> really expect but since you are saying aboyt tunnel perhaps changing
> <7, 4, -9> to <7, 16, -9> could help. Anyway try to imagine your
coordinates.
> I would suggest reading of http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/40/ as
well.

The example scene was something I cut out of a larger project. The end
result will be a animation sequence involving a house.

In the example scene I posted earlier, the larger cube would represent the
house, and the difference would create the hole where the front door of the
house would go.What should be left, is a big hollow cube, with a rectangular
hole punched into the site of it. According to
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/307/ the big cube should be hollow,
and yet, after the difference it appears not to be.