POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Architecture...Overlook. : Re: Architecture...Overlook. Server Time
3 May 2024 12:25:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Architecture...Overlook.
From: Shay
Date: 2 Jun 2003 12:04:37
Message: <3edb7595$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] aolcom> wrote in message

I like the stated concept for this image, but unfortunately the picture
itself did not convey that concept to me. I do not associate the man's
homelessness with being cast out from society because "society" is not
present in the picture for contrast. If I were making this picture, I
would attempt to suggest that the old man's house of cards is a
replacement for his place in home owning society. In order to show this
connection, I would place the old man further from the brick
architecture and change the camera position so that the old man's house
of cards would appear to be the same size as the brick houses, thereby
stressing the comparison. Your existing scene could be improved by
adding a very clean, visible, warm interior to the brick houses.
Everything looks so dingy and dark now that the old man appears to be
perfectly at home besides the brick houses, rather than cast out from
them.

 -Shay