POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blob problem : Re: Blob problem Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blob problem
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 2 Jun 2003 06:51:01
Message: <3edb2c15@news.povray.org>
That's floating point precision, not a bug,
but a well-known issue. Same thing happens
to bicubic-patches (though I think with those
it only happens when they are too small) and
if I'm not mistaken some other objects which
make heavy use of floating point operations.

Just scale the objects to a working size, which
is the only functioning workaround I know of.

Regards,
Tim

PS: First posts are normally coupled with the
obligatory "reflective Sphere on checkered Plane"
image in povray.binaries.images, which will then
be replied with a bunch of "Welcomes" from
fellow POVers... :-)

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde