POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Liquid-Surface-Simulation-Macros released! : Re: LSSM Update! Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:19:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LSSM Update!
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 25 May 2003 19:55:01
Message: <3ed157d5$3@news.povray.org>
I'm not quiet sure what you're after here.

But to make one thing clear: the algorithm
works by taking the difference from the equilibrium
height (where the surface is fully calm), and spreads
the heights out until they are dampened away. During
this process they get reflected off of walls etc.

What you're suggesting seems to me like positive
waves rolling down a surface, while negative waves
would roll up the surface (all discrepancies are handled
the same way). It could be possible that it looks like
water-trails rolling down a hill, but that has to
experimented with. And the macros so far just work
on a rectangular grid, which should cover a lot of
effects where water is being used, but this doesn't
make it easier to apply onto hills...

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde