POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PoV-Ray 3.5: Sin() works incorrect : Re: What if... Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:07:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What if...
From: gonzo
Date: 25 May 2003 17:12:52
Message: <3ed131d4$1@news.povray.org>
Mark Weyer <wey### [at] informatikuni-freiburgde> wrote in message
news:3ED### [at] informatikuni-freiburgde...

> > I want to make several clinders, linked with spheres.
>
> That sounds to me like sphere_sweep with linear_spline.
> In any case it suffices to ONLY know the points.

Actually, Mark's suggestion sounds like exactly what you describe... and not
an expert subject at all. Sphere_sweeps are quite simple, they're actually
the first object I learned in POV (And I'm definitely NOT an expert!)  As he
said, you only need the points. No rotations, no math.
Check the docs, section 6.5.1.10  Spheresweep

RG