POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Povray Linux installation in Mandrake 9 : Re: Povray Linux installation in Mandrake 9 Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:13:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray Linux installation in Mandrake 9
From: Andreas Kreisig
Date: 25 May 2003 16:46:49
Message: <3ed12bb9@news.povray.org>
Loop wrote:

> Dear Chris,
>
> All i have done is unzipped the folder which contained Povray, I then
> attempted to click on the Povray icon but nothing happended so I tried the
> Install icon.

You unzipped the folder and try to click on the POV-Ray icon? How about
that: open an xterm, change the active directory to the directory where
your POV files resides, become root (type "su" and enter the root password)
and to install this stuff, just type "./install". Don't try to install POV
by clicking on an icon in KDE or whatever you use. This should be work.

Regards,
Andreas

--
http://www.render-zone.com