POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : looking for CVAN65 Enterprise model : Re: looking for CVAN65 Enterprise model Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:17:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: looking for CVAN65 Enterprise model
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 24 May 2003 15:57:21
Message: <3ecfcea1$1@news.povray.org>
In article <web.3ecfb48a2f8f107ea23068bd0@news.povray.org> , "obj"
<nomail@nomail> wrote:

> All of my searches end up finding the Star Trek thing
> and I am looking for any Navy Aircraft Carrier models
> I can use for raytracing.

Then search for some of the other ones ;-)  Names can be found on US Navy
websites easily, in particular for all the Nimitz-class carriers.  The
French also have a modern carrier with a angled flight deck (there are
several French users here, so maybe they have a model).

Or maybe converting some of these low quality models (found via Google) is
sufficient?
<http://www-eng.llnl.gov/dsed/documents/vis/sdnieta96/>
<http://www.imi3d.com/watercraft.htm>

Hint: Search for something like these two phrases and variations:
<http://www.google.com/search?q=%22aircraft+carrier%22+%223d+model%22>

Not much, but no "Enterprise" either.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany