POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtualight : Re: Virtualight Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtualight
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 24 May 2003 10:53:57
Message: <3ecf8785@news.povray.org>
Andreas Kreisig wrote:
> you don't have to spend lots of bucks for a commercial 3D
> application to get good results. But you have to learn to use two
> rather complicated applications, this may be a small disadvantage.

I couldn't stand for this comment.  :o)  Isn't all the commercial
applications complicated as well?  I throw them away the minute I see their
interface. But I'm biased towards scripting anyway, because I started
programming a long time ago. I find POV-Ray to be excellent also for newbies
because you don't actually SEE the possibilities of the program, until you
begin searching for them in the documentation. This helped me, take things
one step at a time.

Commercial applications seems more automated, in some cases, and that can be
a great thing. But I can automate a great deal of things in POV-Ray too.

Regards,
Hugo