POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtualight : Re: Virtualight Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtualight
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 24 May 2003 10:43:05
Message: <3ecf84f9@news.povray.org>
> What modeler would you recommend for POVRay?  I strived to do
> everything using a text editor as I reckon I will have better control over
> the scene but is it really feasible to come up with higly complex scene
> without the help of a modeler.

A modeller is handy in many cases. The trouble I've always had with
modellers are their GUI.. Their interface is so cluttered and difficult to
understand and remember. I have only found one exception to this: Wings3D,
and it is freeware. Even if you don't know anything about polygon modelling
(and I didn't) I think you will learn the application quick and easily.

Wings3D is solely a polygon modeller (not like Blender). It can export
meshes for POV-Ray. You will need a fast computer (about 1 Ghz or more)
because it's programmed in a kind of "basic language". This may scare off
some people from downloading it, but I recommend it nevertheless.
www.wings3d.com  And of course you need a 3d accelerated graphicscard.

Regards,
Hugo