POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtualight : Re: Virtualight Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:08:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtualight
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 23 May 2003 14:08:13
Message: <3ece638d@news.povray.org>

3ece50b1@news.povray.org...
> It is absolutely gorgeous.
Thanks!
> There seems be
> different pov file for each objects.  Does complex scene normally built
from
> rendering objects separately and then piece them together or am I getting
> really confuse here?

In addition to what Florian said, there are in fact different ways to deal
with complex scenes, but basically it all comes down to being able to test
your scene and individual objects with a minimum effort. For instance,
objects like large meshes can be simply too big to be handled in a scene
file. Keeping an object in its own file also allows to test and tweak it
separately, and makes it easily reusable. For instance, I have a 180 Mb
bicycle+biker mesh that I can now just plug in in any scene I want. Ditto
for trees, grass etc.
Some people tend to have a very short master file calling all the main items
from textures to objects. I used to do that, but I now tend to have a rather
long master scene (1000-2000 lines) calling only the biggest (in terms of
file size) objects and their textures. Keeping the file well structured is
of course mandatory.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com