POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtualight : Re: Virtualight Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:13:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtualight
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 23 May 2003 13:36:32
Message: <3ece5c20@news.povray.org>
hey daniel

> There seems be different pov file for each objects.
> Does complex scene normally built from rendering objects
>separately and then piece them together or am I getting
> really confuse here?

No, splitting up the code into several files makes it easier for you to
organize your scene. You keep one main scene file and include all your
object-files in there. A little example:

//This goes into "myobject.inc"
#declare MyObject = {
    //Your nice little object goes here
}

//Your main scene file:

#include "myobject.inc"
/*
makes the content of the file myobject.inc available
in your main scene file
*/

object {
    MyObject
    //translate & rotate stuff
}

This way it's possible for you to have a pretty small main scene file that
is still manageable. And it's much easier for you to use an object from a
former scene in a new one. You could easily write in another scene #include
"myobject.inc" and you would have your object again...

The image is still rendered as a whole. So the whole thing is really just to
make your life much easier ;-)

hth,
Florian