POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image texture with alpha channel in POV? : Re: Image texture with alpha channel in POV? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image texture with alpha channel in POV?
From: Andreas Kreisig
Date: 20 May 2003 10:37:05
Message: <3eca3d90@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> In the example, the clear pigment is necessary to make the transparent
> part really transparent. In your case, you need to use your regular
> texture instead.
>
> #declare T_mat=texture{
>     image_pattern{ jpeg "mylogo_blackandwhite" interpolate 2}
> //    pigment_pattern{image_map{jpeg "mylogo_blackandwhite" interpolate
> 2}} // for more control
>     texture_map{
>         [0.5 T_MainTexture]
>         [0.5 T_Logo]
>     }
> }
>
> Of course, if there several logotypes, it may not be very easy... It's
> true that there's no "decal" feature in POV-Ray to do this.

Well, I think I'll try to copy the appropriate part of the mesh, move it
(very) slightly and try to map the image on it - like your description on
your website, so that the mesh itself is completely transparent. I hope
that there are no edges visible when I prevent the object to cast shadows.

Thanks so far,
Andreas

--
http://www.render-zone.com