POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image texture with alpha channel in POV? : Re: Image texture with alpha channel in POV? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image texture with alpha channel in POV?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 19 May 2003 12:40:56
Message: <3ec90918$1@news.povray.org>

3ec7c379@news.povray.org...
> Okay, If "Clear" means something like "color rgbt <1,1,1,1>" I have the
same
> problem as before. The whole mesh is invisible except the image wich is
> mapped on it.

In the example, the clear pigment is necessary to make the transparent part
really transparent. In your case, you need to use your regular texture
instead.

#declare T_mat=texture{
    image_pattern{ jpeg "mylogo_blackandwhite" interpolate 2}
//    pigment_pattern{image_map{jpeg "mylogo_blackandwhite" interpolate 2}}
// for more control
    texture_map{
        [0.5 T_MainTexture]
        [0.5 T_Logo]
    }
}

Of course, if there several logotypes, it may not be very easy... It's true
that there's no "decal" feature in POV-Ray to do this.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com