POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mesh2 wants a texture but I want a material : Re: mesh2 wants a texture but I want a material Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh2 wants a texture but I want a material
From: Slime
Date: 17 May 2003 13:16:39
Message: <3ec66e77@news.povray.org>
The documentation says that materials are nothing more than "container
objects" for textures and interiors (so that both can be contained in one
object). That seems to imply that materials are allowed anywhere that
textures and interiors are allowed.

So, if materials aren't allowed in meshes, that might be a bug. (?)

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]