POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Electronics objects? : Re: Electronics objects? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Electronics objects?
From: mcavoys
Date: 16 May 2003 05:05:53
Message: <3ec4a553.149778189@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 15 May 2003 23:35:26 -0400, Tim Cook <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote:

>Is there a library of electronic objects (resistors,
>capacitors, vacuum tubes, etc) in POV format anywhere?
>I'm specifically looking for a vacuum tube object,
>but could probably use some random other things...

For an electronic valve (Tube) try
http://www.3dcafe.com/asp/electric.asp
http://www.3dcafe.com/models/tvtube.zip

another search site for models
http://www.web3d.org/vrml/vrml.htm

Resistors can be made with cylinders (as you know) and remember the colour code:
BBROYGBVGW
Black, Brown, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet, Grey and White

Regards
        Stephen