POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Iso -> Parametric Iso ? : Re: Iso -> Parametric Iso ? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iso -> Parametric Iso ?
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 15 May 2003 11:13:35
Message: <3ec3ae9f$1@news.povray.org>
> Are you refering something you have readed/seen ?

A vague memory about a formula that I could wrap around any function, and
have a parametric output. But I can't find information about it now. Maybe
it's not possible. There was a post in 2001 where Christoph Hormann replies
nearly the same as you.

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/19103/

This is all another attempt to meshify my isosurface (it could work with
Ingo Jannson's param.inc file.) The triscan macro you pointed me to
yesterday works, but makes too many errors. I'm running out of ideas. But my
isosurface mostly does surface displacement on a rounded box, so maybe I
should try another approch: To import a dense mesh of a box, and apply my
functions to it, then save the result.

Regards,
Hugo