POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Odd blob / cutaway_textures behaviour : Re: Odd blob / cutaway_textures behaviour Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Odd blob / cutaway_textures behaviour
From: Hughes, B
Date: 15 May 2003 00:40:53
Message: <3ec31a55$1@news.povray.org>
I didn't know what had become of this but it was brought up long ago I'm
sure. Now, in looking for any past discussions about it, I found the
following message post.

http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/24903/

And judging by that it's like there's more to cutaway_textures than you
might first think.

The blob primitive had already been an obvious difficulty due to the way it
accepts textures but this other "problem" is actually CSG-related instead.
Since cutaway_textures is only intended for difference and intersection and
not union or merge, it does seem to work as intended. Just that any other
textures added in a union overwrites it, which would certainly seem wrong
according to the usual texture hierarchy scheme IMHO.