POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metallic paint : Re: Metallic paint Server Time
4 May 2024 14:18:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metallic paint
From: Tek
Date: 14 May 2003 11:26:27
Message: <3ec26023$1@news.povray.org>
"Xilo Musimene" <xil### [at] hotpopcom> wrote in message
news:3EC### [at] hotpopcom...
> This really look realistic, though I would give a much much more fine
> noise or graininess,

Well, as with all grain effects, the anti-aliasing and focal blur will alter
the appearance of the grain if it's very fine. I chose the size of grain so
that it gives the right impression without being so small that it's just
random noise, but obviously it can be scaled to suit the situation.

>  and the noise should go darker and lighter also... (more contrast)

This is one of the options in the metallic macro, I prefer this low-noise
setting but I confess that's more based on taste than on reference material
:)

> Anway, nice work!
>    Xilo

Thank you