POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : metallic paint include file : Re: metallic paint include file Server Time
17 May 2024 02:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: metallic paint include file
From: Tek
Date: 13 May 2003 19:04:56
Message: <3ec17a18@news.povray.org>
> Hm, interesting, but to be honest I don't understand why this is necessary.
> POV-Ray has already a metalic statement wich you can use to achieve a
> metalic paint effect, no?

I find POV's metallic statement on it's own doesn't create this effect very
well. Plus according to pov's doc's that statement is meant to simulate metal,
not metallic paint. My paint makes use of that statement, but it combines it
with some other parameters to get the appearance of  the kind of gloss metallic
paint they use on cars.

I admit it's not a very complex macro, but I didn't intend to make a macro. I
was just playing with things in pov to work out how to simulate metallic paint
in real-time code, but I found some settings that I thought looked really nice
so I decided to share them. :)

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com