POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Oyonale 2003 update : Re: Oyonale 2003 update Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oyonale 2003 update
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 9 May 2003 13:18:47
Message: <3ebbe2f7$1@news.povray.org>

3ebbb4f1

> When I asked people things like, "What's the best way to learn about art?"
> seemed to keep getting an answer similar to, "Go look at lots of art."  I
> figure that I'm still in the "self-teaching" phase.  ;-)

Don't worry, it will never stops, it's like being an eternal student.

> It makes me think that the ability to render extremely complex scenes,
which
> was lacking back then, is slowing down the ability to produce more scenes.

Actually I'm missing the 1993-1995 period, because there was a lot of
innocence involved in making these images in POV-Ray, having limited
technical means and no Internet access, peer pressure and tutorials... So
many things couldn't be done at all that there was an obligation to be
creative and explore new ways (which weren't actually new, but as I said
there was a lot of innocence). The technical means we have now are simply
impressive and can be harnessed to create good images, but something was
lost in the process of, well, growing up...

G.
-

http://www.oyonale.com
- Graphic experiments