POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Oyonale 2003 update : Re: Oyonale 2003 update Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oyonale 2003 update
From: Slashdolt
Date: 9 May 2003 10:02:25
Message: <3ebbb4f1$1@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote in message

> 3ebac684@news.povray.org...
> > Absolutely nice! I asked myself wether you have some kind of art
> education?
> > Lighting and composition of your images are so good!
>
> Thanks! Actually I'm self-taught and go see a lot of stuff to keep in
shape.

When I asked people things like, "What's the best way to learn about art?" I
seemed to keep getting an answer similar to, "Go look at lots of art."  I
figure that I'm still in the "self-teaching" phase.  ;-)

"Family" is a(nother) truly great image.  I really can't imagine how much
went into its design.  Other personal favorite are "Closing Time" and "Going
West".  But they're all great.

On another note, it's nice to see all your old images categorized.  I think
it's fair to say that we can see how your abilities have grown, as well as
POV-Ray and computer processing in general.  It also makes me wish that I
had known about POV-Ray in 1993, instead of finding it in 2002.  Wow! 1994!
It makes me think that the ability to render extremely complex scenes, which
was lacking back then, is slowing down the ability to produce more scenes.
In other words, it still takes about as long to model the same scene, but
complex scenes take far longer to model, even though they can be rendered
faster.  Now, we can also see how some images were modified over time to
portray different meanings (e.g. "chambre.jpg" and "Indifference").

--
Slash