POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HF_square problem : HF_square problem Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  HF_square problem
From: Barron Gillon
Date: 9 May 2003 04:43:40
Message: <3ebb6a3c$1@news.povray.org>
Okay, I just started working with HF_Square in the "shapes.inc" (Thanks,
Christopher James Huff), and I'm running into problems...  Specifically,
sometimes it throws an access violation when I try to use the generated
mesh.  Here is the relavent code:

camera {
  location  <0.0, 10, -4.0>
  look_at   <0.0, 10.0,  0.0>
}

light_source {
  <0, 0, 0>            // light's position (translated below)
  color rgb <1, 1, 1>  // light's color
  translate <-30, 30, -30>
}

#declare foo = function {
   pattern {
     wrinkles
   }
 }

HF_Square(foo, true, true, 100, true, "a.ter", 0, 1)

object{
  #include "a.ter"
  texture{terTex}
  translate -.5
  scale 300
}

yes, terTex is defined elsewhere.  Note that it crashes more than half the
time, but not ALL the time.  Lets see...  Relavent info...  I'm using POV
3.5, on WinXP SP1, Athalon XP 1800+, 512 megs ram, ASUS board KT266A
chipset.  I think that covers it.  If anyone else has had problems like
this, please let me know.  Thanks!  Oh...  I seem to have used other mesh2
objects without problems.  Don't know what's wrong with this one.

Barron Gillon