POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 16 bit image map pattern not working with isosurface : Re: 16 bit image map pattern not working with isosurface Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 16 bit image map pattern not working with isosurface
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 3 May 2003 12:57:17
Message: <3eb3f4ec@news.povray.org>
>> function{pigment_foo(x,y,z).red+pigment_foo(x,y,z).green/256}
>>
>> which is probably where you are almost at anyway.
>
> Note this is probably an extremely bad idea since it does not work with
> interpolation and using not interpolated image maps will result in
> infinite gradients in the function.

Well, I thought that I will run into trouble with bilinear
interpolation. However, I actually didn't see any problems.

I'm interpolating the LSB and the MSB pigment map separately
and it looks great. Not interpolating one of them is a bad idea.

Maybe we could find a mathematical proof for the correctness or
falseness...

Wolfgang