POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : more faceted gems : more faceted gems Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:13:10 EDT (-0400)
  more faceted gems
From: Alan Walkington
Date: 1 May 2003 02:20:26
Message: <3eb0bcaa@news.povray.org>
On the 3d Lapidary website, http://www.3dlapidary.com/Home.htm, there are
many facet designs saved in various 3d formats (but no povray). Mr. Cees van
der Mark converted around 100 of them into .raw format.  The only raw2pov
utility I could find insisted on creating smooth triangles.  Since this
doesn't work too well with faceted stones, I changed my dxf2pov script into
a batch .raw to php converter.

The results are posted in a zip file as 'more faceted gems' on
povray.binaries.scene-files.

Alan