POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I need test scenes :) : Re: I need test scenes :) Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I need test scenes :)
From: George Pantazopoulos
Date: 28 Apr 2003 17:24:26
Message: <3ead9c0a$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Fingolfin,

    Long parsing times are a problem when doing tiled parallel renders.
Currently povray loads, parses, renders, and quits each and every time it
renders a tile. If the parsing time as a significant fraction of the total
time, it would negate much of the speed gained. To solve this would probably
require patching povray so that it can parse just once, stay open, and
render tiles when it recieves messages from the Master (probably via
stdin?). I will eventually have to deal with long parsing times, so if you
know of any good scenes, I'll take em.

Thanks,
George