POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Pyvon include problem : Re: Pyvon include problem.. more info Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:51:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pyvon include problem.. more info
From: Bob R
Date: 26 Apr 2003 13:27:11
Message: <3eaac16f@news.povray.org>
I copied the 'balcony' directory over to /home/work/balcony/ .
Ran Pyvon (KDE desktop) = same error.

I re-named (local) 'glass.inc' to 'glass2.inc', edited
'table_stuff.inc', and Pyvon rendered balcony.png.

So, either Pyvon or POV-Linux is reading the
/usr/.../povray-3.5/include/ *before* looking locally (where
'balcony.pov' is) for it's (nested) includes.

I don't know *nix scripting very well (MinGW tools always handled
those for me(win95b+VIDE)), so maybe one of you who do could take a
peek at the Pyvon *.py file(s) to see how it's setting the
Library/search paths. Also, my 'alltext.out' files are empty when a
scene is rendered from Pyvon. (that may be my fault, 'cause I ain't
read much Pyvon DOCs yet! <G>). Pyvon did put the output in the
'message' window.

I hope all this helps get this minor glitch fixed. I'm sure other
newbies would appreciate it.

Well, I'm back to reading, reading, reading! Got VIDE working
yesterday, setting up Kdevelop today, and tomorrow ..... I play!!

--
Bob R
POVrookie