POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Pyvon include problem : Re: Pyvon include problem Server Time
8 Jul 2024 20:06:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pyvon include problem
From: Bob R
Date: 26 Apr 2003 00:36:12
Message: <3eaa0cbc@news.povray.org>
Steve wrote in message ...
>On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:45:26 -0700, Bob R wrote:
>>
>> The only thing I can think of is it's picking up the 'glass.inc' in
>> .../povray-3.5/include/ before it looks locally in
>> .../balcony/glass.inc.
>> <snip> It should look *locally* before
>> searching the Library paths, AFAIK. Maybe someone else with Pyvon
on
>> KDE could render 'balcony' so I'd know if it's just *my* set-up?
>
>You talk about creating a new group and useres which leads me to
think
>that your  POV install isn't all  world readable, meanin  that any
use
>can't read all of the include  files and directories.

The 'user' and 'group' were already there, I just added the
'user'(bob, work) to the 'group'(staff).
~#addgroup work staff
~#addgroup bob staff

> Su to root then do:
># chmod -R 755 /usr/local/lib/povray-3.5

It's like that: owner is 'root', group is 'staff', but on my system it
installed to /usr/local/share/povray-3.5/ [and that's where the
.povrayrc files point to]
Only thing in /usr/local/lib/ is Python 2.1 & 2.2 dirs (for now...).
Pyvon installed to /usr/local/pyvon/

>The hash at the beginning of the line is not to be typed it's
supposed
>to represent what the prompt will look like.

Wish that was in the Debian install instructions!! When I first set
the machine up on a 'salvage yard' 4 Gig HD, I tried to change the '#'
and '$' to something else, gave up when the system kept correcting it.
(the 4Gig setup was for testing-learning, so it didn't matter if I
messed up, ....and I did!! <G> Now I'm setting up the 'real thing' on
a 60Gig Seagate IDE (40Gig for Linux).).

>This  command   makes  the   POV  directories  readable   to
everyone
>(presuming that the above command  is addressing the location of your
>POV install).

Seems to be that way, *except* when nested includes are used && run
from Pyvon (in KDE desktop). If I cd to the /usr/.../balcony/ dir in
terminal mode, and type "povray balcony.pov" (as a 'user' or 'root'),
it renders OK. I set Pyvon to 'no save' for the ../povray*/scenes/* .

Tomorrow I'll copy the 'balcony' directory over to /home/work/balcony/
(re-setting the permissions) and try again. Maybe that will give some
more/different error information. If not, I'll rename the local
'glass.inc', modify *.inc to match, and see what happens. 'Till
then......

Thanks for your help.

Bob R
POVrookie