POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Passing file handles to macros - how? : Re: Passing file handles to macros - how? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Passing file handles to macros - how?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 25 Apr 2003 13:58:27
Message: <3ea97743@news.povray.org>
In article <cja### [at] netplexaussieorg> ,
Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet>  wrote:

>> > Reference counting is extremely simple...in my opinion, it doesn't come
>> > under "reinventing the wheel". And if there is no widespread standard
>> > implementation, rolling your own is better than not doing it at all.
>> There is one, and it will be part of the ISO C++ standard in the very near
>> future.
>
> But it isn't part of the current standard (is it?), and won't be
> widespread for a while.

No, you missed something important, probably because you over-read it in the
description of shared_ptr: There is a stable working implementation the
proposal is based on.  It is *not* some nice theoretical idea nobody ever
bothered to implement.  Just go and get it at boost.org...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde