POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The sun and stars : Re: The sun and stars Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The sun and stars
From: Sir Charles W  Shults III
Date: 20 Apr 2003 12:46:34
Message: <3ea2ceea$1@news.povray.org>
Many CCDs or digital cameras have enough dynamic range to get dim objects as
well as bright objects, but the images must be processed in a computer to bring
out all the features in most circumstances.  If the images showed the entire
dynamic range compressed to fit our human light range, they would look
unnatural, like our happy little space images with stars and planets all the
same.

Cheers!

Chip Shults
My robotics, space and CGI web page - http://home.cfl.rr.com/aichip