POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Amapi is free : Re: Amapi is free Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amapi is free
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 17 Apr 2003 14:11:41
Message: <3e9eee5d$1@news.povray.org>

3e9ed72c$1@news.povray.org...
> I can't help but wonder whether the whole principle of using a mouse to
build 3d
> objects is basically flawed.

Well, my reference in 3D modelling is Rhino, which I have always found to be
one of the most intuitive piece of software ever (among complex ones of
course).
Often, it doesn't take much actually, and it's not even about the 3D aspect
itself, but just respecting some common conventions - or at least some
logic - about selecting, dragging, copying, pasting and deleting things, or
using some recognisable icons for usual tasks etc. The worst offender was
the very first version of Blender: some users (including me) couldn't figure
out how to quit the application and the only solution was to crash it.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com