POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Amapi is free : Re: Amapi is free Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:27:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amapi is free
From: Tom Melly
Date: 17 Apr 2003 12:32:44
Message: <3e9ed72c$1@news.povray.org>
"Jide" <jid### [at] kotisoonfi> wrote in message
> Gilles Tran wrote:

> > I did find the interface horrible, a case example of how apparently smart
> > and innovative interface design can turn out to be just dumb and clumsy
> > (I'll rant about this some day as it's quite common, particularly in
> > free/low-cost 3D modellers).
>
> I too have tried a free uncrippled version of Amapi over a year ago.
> I didn't like the interface much either but luckily there's always Wings3d
> ;)

Any worse the TrueSpace? (no, surely that's not possible).

I can't help but wonder whether the whole principle of using a mouse to build 3d
objects is basically flawed. Poser, for example, is a lot easier to use IMHO
when you give up trying to drag limbs about with the mouse* and use the dials
instead.

* well, unless your aim is to create some kind of genetically deformed alien
undergoing a cruel and unusual torture.