POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : texture_map question : texture_map question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:31:40 EDT (-0400)
  texture_map question
From: Bill Hails
Date: 16 Apr 2003 18:42:47
Message: <3e9ddc67@news.povray.org>
Hi,
probably this applies to pigment_maps and maybe other *_maps as well.

I have a cylinder:

cylinder {
    <Length1, 0, 0>, <Length2, 0, 0>, 1
    texture {
        gradient x
        turbulence 1
        scale 10
        texture_map {
            [0 T_Paper ]
            [0.5 T_Paper ]
            [0.5 T_Transparent ]
            [1 T_Transparent ]
        }
    }
}

The T_Paper texture previously declared is also a gradient x
texture_map, with repeating bands and turbulence 0. T_Transparent
is just what it says.

My problem is that the turbulence 1 and scale 10 modifiers
used here also affect the T_Paper texture. I can re-scale the
T_Paper to compensate, but I can't get rid of the turbulence.

I'm guessing there's a completely different way to get the effect,
but I'm a bit stumped atm

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

--
I would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those pesky kids!