POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : radiosity clamping : Re: radiosity clamping Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: radiosity clamping
From: Peter Kryszkiewicz
Date: 16 Apr 2003 18:05:05
Message: <3e9dd391@news.povray.org>
Excellent result now!
I was suffering under the impression that I should normalize my ambients to
the range 0-1 and didn't realize I could use an unbounded value.

One of the scenes I'm trying to perfect can be seen at
http://www.worldwins.net/~peter/images/worldwins-sideview.jpg

My site at worldwins.net will  use a 'virtual office' based file system,
part of a new OS I'm developing so I want all my links to have a consistent
look and feel. POVRay is ideal for this, and also a lot of fun to work with.
This is only my second posting to any newsgroup (I've been an underground
cave dweller by necessity the last couple of years - the Real World has been
too distracting).

I'm doing a lot of work with XML, XSLT, SVG and  Schemas; all my POV source
files are in XML and are transformed back and forth from .xml to .pov to
SVG. If anyone else is doing work in this area I'd like to know about it.