POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : radiosity clamping : radiosity clamping Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  radiosity clamping
From: Peter Kryszkiewicz
Date: 15 Apr 2003 22:26:20
Message: <3e9cbf4c@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to simulate daylight coming through a window, like that classic
Vermeer scene on the cover of Computer Graphics by Foley et al.

I can't get my window pane to cast much light into the scene at all. I've
set ambient to 1 for the window and turned off all other ambient values in
the scene, then played with the variables. Is this a clamping problem in the
POV radiosity code, as I've seen mentioned before?

If I play with the POV source (volunteer to improve) is there a place where
I can easily add a capability to increase the effective brightness of an
arbitrary radiator to a value higher than ambient 1? I guess I'm talking
about simulating a very strong area light, which is what daylight coming
through a window is supposed to look like in a radiosity scene.