POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Mozilla and these newsgroups : Re: Mozilla and these newsgroups Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:53:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mozilla and these newsgroups
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 12 Apr 2003 14:11:26
Message: <3e9856ce$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3e9846a7$1@news.povray.org> , Roz <rzl### [at] netscapenet>  wrote:

> So my suspicion is that there's something weird with Mozilla's
> handling of it. Btw, http://news.povray.org passes the W3C
> html validator so I would have expected Mozilla to handle the
> site correctly.

It isn't the HTML that is the problem, it is your security settings, which
are a bit more than is useful on the web if you intend to use any online
commercial service (booking, buying, registering, etc).  The POV-Ray web
news view simply employs the same technologies to keep spam-bots out.

> Since the site works with Mozilla 1.3.1 for PoD, I will grab
> that, compile it and give it a test. Mozilla isn't a quick
> compile so I may be a while before reporting the results ;)

Well, you most likely have wrong settings for cookies; they not only need to
be accepted, but also send back to the server.  Maybe some default installs
of Mozilla come with useless over-secure settings for cookies (that will not
work with any popular websites).

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde