POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug with dispersion : Re: Bug with dispersion Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:11:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug with dispersion
From: Roz
Date: 9 Apr 2003 12:13:37
Message: <3e9446b1@news.povray.org>
Jellby wrote:
> Among other things, Daniel Nilsson wrote:
>

>>"Manuel Kasten" <kas### [at] gmxde> wrote in message
>>
>>>All 4 images look identical to me in MegaPov.
>>>(That's what I would expect anyway...)
>>
>>Then there is a bug in all versions of povray 3.5 (and a worse one in the
>>win32 official) that are not in megapov.
>>I will download megapov source and compare to povray when I get some spare
>>time...
>>
>>Thanks for taking the time to test the scene for me!
>

> I tried with my self-compiled (with gcc3.2, under RedHat 7.3) povray 3.5, I
> didn't see any difference between the 4 images.

When Daniel Nilsson first reported this bug in this thread I tested my
self-compiled povray 3.5 (Linux gcc 3.2.2) out and didn't see any blue
in the 4th image either. Then a few days ago I downloaded and compiled
the most recent povray sources and the blue coloring appeared in the 4th
image.

I noticed during the compiling that there were more optimization flags
being used than I had used in prior compiles. After some experimentation
  I isolated the problem. It is the -ffast-math flag. If I take that
flag out of the src/Makefile CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS then the blue tainting
disappears.

-Roz