POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Animation software : Re: Animation software Server Time
29 Jun 2024 01:50:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation software
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 8 Apr 2003 05:51:20
Message: <3e929b98$1@news.povray.org>
In article <web.3e9288aaff1043ad75e40e890@news.povray.org> , "Vargol"
<nomail@nomail> wrote:

>>Exactly, GraphicConverter always has this option.  As do many other
>>applications.
>
> Which answers the question I asked in the first place! It would never have
> even dawned on me  that any software would create a movie can not be
> distributed (i.e. uploaded to a unix or windows websever) by default.

In the early days of QuickTime, ten or more years ago, the web was not of
concern.  Some software is stiull based on code created back then, and it
might be that certain settings appropriate back then (when there was no web)
survived over the years in various locations like books about QuickTime
programming.  Thus, they end up in todays software...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde