POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray writes wrong PNG image size info to partially rendered images : Re: Povray writes wrong PNG image size info to partially rendered Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:12:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray writes wrong PNG image size info to partially rendered
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 2 Apr 2003 02:52:58
Message: <3e8a96da@news.povray.org>
In article <web.3e89f3c7573676b7ba9929f0@news.povray.org> , "Renderdog"
<slo### [at] hiwaaynet> wrote:

> I was always a little surprised POV-Ray didn't simply create an image the
> size of the partial render, but that appears to be because I never used the
> continued trace feature. Is there a more efficient "partial render"
> technique that I'm missing?

No, continue trace is not meant for what some people seem to continuely be
trying to use them.  Don't get confused be what some popel claim should work
in this thread, because it cannot and will not (and never did!) work the way
they claim.  For no image format.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg