POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray writes wrong PNG image size info to partially rendered images : Re: Povray writes wrong PNG image size info to partially rendered images Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:13:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray writes wrong PNG image size info to partially rendered images
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 2 Apr 2003 02:45:08
Message: <3e8a9504@news.povray.org>
In article <pbo### [at] netplexaussieorg> , Paul Bourke
<pbo### [at] swineduau>  wrote:

> This is a long standing problem, not limited to the png output
> format. I think I first noticed it about 7 years ago.
>
> I agree totally (with a few of the respondents) that the correct
> dimenions should be specified otherwise how can one say the image
> file is written correctly. In general image software won't read
> these sub image files correctly, eg: PhotoShop.

What you are asking for cannot work the way you suggest.  And it isn't and
never was meant to work this way.  The current behavior is exactly as it is
supposed to be and exactly how is is required in order to work as expected.

Partial images are there to continue a trace, not more, not less.  If you
want to get a partial render of an image, specify it as such on the
command-line.  The continue trace feature should simply not be used for
this.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde