POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Object modellers : RE: Object modellers Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:27:06 EDT (-0400)
  RE: Object modellers
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 1 Apr 2003 13:48:43
Message: <3e89df0b@news.povray.org>

3e885dc1@news.povray.org...
> Hello. I'm new to povray. I only started using it last week for a
> graphics project at university. My question is, are there any modelling
> programs out there that can let you create objects (using unions,
> differences, etc) and then output the data directly to POV format
> (defining them as you do in POV) rather than defining them in pov files
> as a huge bunch of triangles. In particular, I'm looking to create
> lathes using a modelling package. Any help would be appreciated.

As Ken said, Moray would be the better option to create objects using
the same methods as POVRay.
For creating lathes (and many other things), I suggest you Hamapatch
http://www.geocities.com/hamapatch/program/index.html
wich exports to POVRay too (though Moray also creates lathes, but
Hamapatch is more flexible).
Hope this helps.

Txemi Jendrix
http://www.txemijendrix.com